This program is designed for adults with status with Disability Services who reside in their own home or with their legal guardian. Programming is designed to nurture, teach, and support individuals that require extra support in everyday living. A primary focus is placed on teaching daily living skills such as cooking healthy balanced meals, budgeting, household chores, banking, job searching, and setting and attaining goals. Support will also be offered in reaching educational goals as set by the individual.
Each individual supported by the AHS program will be asked to participate in a Person-Centered Plan, which focuses on their strengths, interests, preferences, and personal goals. Planning will occur upon intake and annually thereafter.
- Assistance in maintaining a clean, healthy, and safe residence
- Person-Centered Planning
- Life Skills Assessments
- Training in life skills such as banking, nutrition, budgeting, job searching, etc.
- Opportunities to gain knowledge in areas such as problem solving, career planning, etc.
- Support in meeting educational needs
- Assistance in developing a stable and dependable support system within the community
- Support in maintaining healthy relationships, and family inclusion where appropriate
- To live independently or cooperatively with others
The Amethyst Home Support program can be accessed by referral by Disability Services. This program may also be accessed by referral through Children Services and/or Family Support for Children with Disabilities if a youth is turning 18 years of age in the near future and has been pre-approved for status with Disability Services.